Manley Jongopie, the RHCI In-Country Director, splits his time between Tikonko and Freetown. He attended Tikonko Primary and Secondary Schools, and graduation from the Bo Commercial Senior Secondary School in 1999. He attend Freetown Computer School, and also completed a six-month photography course. His work experience includes professional photography for ECOMOG [Economic Community of West African States Monitoring Group] in Freetown, manager for Demark Link Enterprises, and volunteering for RHCI before becoming the in-country director in 2014.
Manley’s current position with RHCI includes the following duties among others:
- Project management
- Communications with Minnesota office
- Assisting international RHCI Volunteers in Freetown and Tikonko
- Community Relations in Tikonko Chiefdom
- Liaison with Tikonko Health Center Staff, Volunteer Medical Committee and the Paramount Chief J.K. Macavoray
- Connection to the Bo District Medical Officer Dr. Turay
- Management of Tikonko staff and volunteers
Manley has a positive and friendly attitude, a hearty laugh and big smile, and is committed to helping the people of his home town of Tikonko.